Monday, September 27, 2010

The Gray Ghost

So this week we are all going to talk about our first car.

My first car was a 1987 gray 2 door Cheverolet Cavalier with blue interior. I remember the day I got the car. I was 16 years old and had recently received my drivers license. I was working at Discovery Zone as a birthday party hostess and when my shift was over my dad pulled up in this car. I was so excited, because my best friend at the time had just gotten her new car and it was a hoopty to say the least! The only downside to the car was it would be a while before I could fully drive it being that it was a stick shift and I had no idea how to drive a stick. My dad started teaching me right away and it wasn't an easy task. I remember one of the first times I drove it on my own. I had my sister and her friend and one of my friends in the car and I was stopped at a light and when the light turned green and went and then the car stalled in the middle of the intersection and I couldn't figure out why and couldn't get it to start and all I could do was laugh hysterically. I finally did get it to go. Another time I was parked in the high school parking lot and leaving for the day and I couldn't get the stick into the back up position so I had to go ask this older guy to put my car in reverse. Yea I felt pretty stupid! Oh but we had some fun times in that car! Do you remember your first car?

2 comments:

  1. You know what's weird, until I read this I remembered your car as being yellow. But now I can see the gray one in my head...did you have a yellow one next? Am I crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, you totally used to drive like a crazy person in that car! I guess several of us did...always in a hurry! :)

    ReplyDelete