Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Time flies

Hard to believe, but my little Asher turned ONE last Saturday!! Wow!! We threw a "Splash with Ash" pool-themed party at my mom's house (thanks, Mom and Greg!) and had soooo much fun celebrating our baby boy's first year of life. We were so blessed by the people that drove in from out of town (and drove waaaay across town (my parents live pretty far out)). I realized as we were doing all the planning and executing that it's been a long time since I put something like that together without the help of a handful of others. Whew! Thankfully, once it was all set up we could just party it up and enjoy ourselves - and we did!

A few months ago, my mom and I came across a book called What's New, Cupcake? at Bed Bath & Beyond. The ideas in there are so cute! One in particular was perfect for our theme, so we stayed up kinda late the night before the party making these:
Talk about fun! Quite a bit of work, but definitely worth it in the end.

Last but not least, a shot of the birthday boy. He bring us such joy - we thank God for him every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment