Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Old posts, revisited

Several of my recent (and not-so-recent) posts either promised or suggested the promise of some type of follow-up, and now seems like a good time to do just that!

1. In my first post I instructed readers to "stay tuned" for "a discussion of work." Good job, all of you. Continue as you were. I haven’t forgotten, I just can’t seem to get started on what is sure to be a pretty in-depth post.

2. Little crafty critters and such: I have made exactly…zero. Zilch. Nada. NONE. Don’t give up on me. I’ll get around to it, eventually. Maybe I should write a post about how work (see number 1) keeps me from having sufficient time to do things like make little crafty critters and such. Food for thought.

3. Housework schedule: *sigh*. Such a good idea in theory, so hard to carry out in real life. Strangely, just having the list on the fridge comforts me. You might think it would be a constant reminder of my housekeeping shortcomings, but no – instead it’s like a beacon of hope and encouragement. It’s nice to know that if/when I happen upon a few spare moments, I can look at the list and start somewhere. I do think Adam takes care of certain items when he’s home during the day, so I’d say it’s helpful for us overall. Definitely a continuing work in progress.

4. Mental clutter: After taking care of 2 of the clutter-ing items this weekend, I went back and re-read the original list and, lo and behold, 4 out of the 6 are done! SCORE!!! The framing one was more long-term so that pretty much just leaves one – hanging that picture in the guest room. With my decorator mom-in-law visiting this week, maybe we can get that one knocked out, too! With that exception, my mind is rather clutter-free at the moment. I do need to go to Toys R Us to try to get a price adjustment on something we bought over the weekend, but I’m fairly certain I’m going to do that on my lunch break tomorrow, so it doesn’t count (at least not yet!). Ok, I did just think of one – for Christmas I got a gift certificate to a spa here in town and I really need to schedule my massage! I need one sooooo bad!!!

5. Cloth diapering: so much easier than I expected! Yes, we do more laundry, but it’s not like that’s cutting into some super-busy social schedule we’ve got or something. Even Adam has been surprised at how simple it is. The cloth wipes haven’t really been put into regular rotation yet, but we’re easing into it. I’m sure it will be second nature soon.

So now you’re all updated, kinda, for the most part. Let me know if I left something out that you’re just DYING to know the status of. I aim to please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment