Thursday, July 23, 2009

Reflecting...

So, currently I am training for a 1/2 marathon in August and I was on one of my 7 mile long runs this week and had several things running through my mind. One thing in particular was some of the things that have made the greatest impact on my life...in fact, I was trying to come up with a top 5 list in no particular order...so here is what I came up with...

1. Going to FBCE in 7th grade
2. Attending HSU
3. Being in an accident 10 yrs ago that almost took my life
4. Marrying Randy
5. Becoming a teacher
6. Becoming a mother (okay I thought of 6 things!)

One thing I noticed these all had in common was that each event required me to step out and trust God in some way. These pivitol steps in my life have shaped me in different ways and have also allowed me to see God's amazing provision in those steps of faith- really, too many blessings to even begin to mention-it's been humbling to think about all God has done...what a faithful God we serve...so, what would your top 5 be? Why?

1 comment:

  1. I've had to think about this and now I have time to write...my 5 in no particular order:

    1. Accepting Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior...what an amazing ride it has been so far.

    2. Visiting FBC Euless after my freshman year in college and meeting some amazing ladies who would eventually become life-long friends.

    3. Marrying my best friend, Scott.

    4. Deciding not to pursue law school and trusting in God for the future.

    5. Future - becoming a mother...I know that one day becoming a mother will have a huge impact on my life.

    ReplyDelete