Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Time flies


My baby turned one month old on Sunday...ONE MONTH ALREADY?!?!?! How is that possible? Wasn't it just yesterday we were coming home from the birthing center with this tiny little person in the carseat?



This milestone got me thinking about other unfathomable things - like the fact that it's been almost 10 YEARS since I graduated from college (which means we're getting close to 15 years since high school graduation - yikes). Even just the fact that it's possible for me to have been friends with certain people (some of whom I share this blog with) for 20 years or more. How can I be old enough to have been friends with a person for 20 years? Now, I decided a while back not to be one of those people all caught up with age/getting older - it's just a number, after all. I enjoyed being 20 (and 15 and 18 and 21 and 28, etc.), but I wouldn't want to do it again! And even though I'm not particularly proud of some of the choices I made in the past, I don't think I would do things differently if I had the chance; each of those choices and situations made me who I am today and I learned something important through all of them.

I remember when I was preparing for my wedding, people kept telling me how fast the day would go and that I should really try to take in every moment. Well, they were right - most of that day is a blur (a very happy blur, but a blur nonetheless!). I think the advice was good, though (and difficult at times) - to try to be mindful of enjoying moments/occasions/experiences for what they are at the time. For example, I'm sure I will enjoy it when Asher sleeps through the night, but he'll never be a newborn again, so I try to enjoy our middle-of-the-night times together as well, and part of me will probably miss them when they're gone.

Time flies - let's make the most of what we've got!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment