Saturday, July 4, 2009

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

It's really only fitting that the 4th of July falls on my day to post because I LOVE to celebrate the 4th and my freedom as an American. This special day is probably my favorite holiday, next to Thanksgiving. I get truly emotional at the playing of our national anthem, and I am so unbelievably proud of the men and women who have served and are serving our great nation. I have always been very patriotic, but I did not truly know what that meant until my brother joined the Army and served two tours in Iraq. I think it was then that I realized the sacrifices these men and women make every single day, just for me. So as you celebrate this great holiday, I ask you to do the following:
  • Remember those who have fought and died for your freedom;
  • Remember those who are serving in our military right now and ask God to guide them and protect them in their endeavors;
  • Pray for the families of those serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, and all across the world; and
  • Proudly show that you are an American by wearing your red, white and blue and flying our nation's flag high.
So, next time you see a soldier, thank him/her for the sacrifices they make so that you can live in a free country. For we live in a land of the free because of the brave!

If you live in the DFW area and would like to show your support of our military, please see the following:

Welcome Home a Hero
Every day of the year, a plane full of roughly 150 troops arrives at DFW Airport. These troops have been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan and are hitting American soil for the first time for two weeks of R&R. You can call 972.574.0392 the night before the flight to get information about the arrival time and location. Groups larger than 100 people should be scheduled by calling 972.948.7059. Come help us shake their hands and welcome them home!

Check out this website for more information:
http://affiliates.uso.org/dfw/default.cfm?contentid=698

God Bless America!
Cassandra O

No comments:

Post a Comment