Thursday, July 30, 2009

Flabby thighs-what do they really say about you?

What is it about a vacation that causes you to think about losing weight/flab?
In 5 weeks my hubby and I are taking a "babymoon" to Hawaii- and it has got me being a little more critical about the flab on my body...probably the idea of being in a swimsuit for 9 days has something to do with it...
I have tried through the years to rid myself of flabby thighs...with diet, exercise, running 3 different marathons, lunges, yoga, even being a certified personal trainer, etc... and still the thigh jiggle prevails.
Especially after being pregnant and having a baby- my thighs have become at an all time jiggle...I jokingkly say that they are that way so Allie has something to bounce on while standing on my lap...
Of course, some people are more genetically blessed in this area...I'm not in this category...
I guess I could devote myself to "self improvement" 24/7, but then neglect the things that are REALLY important to me like my hubby, baby, family, friends, etc...not to say I don't take the time to exercise each day, but I have had to change my perspective on what my flabby thighs really say about me...that there other things to balance my life with...so next time you see a little flab on someone-maybe you will think a little differently about it...


No comments:

Post a Comment