Sunday, October 18, 2009

Seriously

So I'm almost in my 18th week of pregnancy and it has been an interesting ride to say the least. I've decided that every single symptom one could possibly have in your first trimester I have experienced. I have to admit that I did buy the book "What To Expect When You're Expecting," but I don't even think I've gotten past the introduction. Those Twilight Series books have me otherwise occupied right now. Anyways, so I really don't know what one should expect during their first trimester really, but let me just tell you what all I've been through:
  • Vomiting - I feel I've had my fair share and then probably the share of several other women who are pregnant. I've spent so much time with toilet and trashcans that even my mom feels sorry for me. I even developed an odd pattern...being fine about five days and then horribly sick the next two. It was so strange. Thankfully I've gotten past the consistency and now it's just random moments (Ex. Throwing up as I'm driving home from work on Friday...that's no easy task. And the dang bag I had did not help either)
  • Acne - Seriously, I feel like a freaking high school kid right now, going through puberty or something. My face has broken out like a pizza with double pepperoni (I don't know...it was the only analogy I could come up with)
  • Saliva - excessive saliva at that. I don't even know if it's a pregnancy symptom but I seriously seem to have a lot more saliva than I did before I was pregnant. So much so that I know how to gross my husband out right now...I spit an awful lot!
  • Ouch - I know there may be some men who read this, so I'm sorry about this, but my boobs freaking hurt! I know there getting ready for this baby too but oh my goodness. And when I'm cold...HOLY COW!!! Enough said.
  • Emotional
  • Exhausted
  • Moody
I think that is it for now...or at least that's all I can remember for the time being. And I'm just now into my second trimester...can't wait for the weight gain, the fat ankles, the swollen feet, etc. I'm sure to experience those too. But really and truly, it is all worth it every time I go to the doctor and get to hear my sweet baby's heart beat. Next month we get to find out the sex! So stay tuned.

Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment