Saturday, October 16, 2010

Progress

A few weeks ago I gave you a little peek into big chaos.  Behold, my office:


I had the good fortune of a quiet Friday at work yesterday.  This is a very rare occasion.  Everyone complains about Mondays, but for some reason, my Fridays are usually packed with putting out one fire after another.  It's my wrap up day for everything that's been put on the back burner throughout the week.  But yesterday, it was blissfully low key.  So I forced myself to tackle the stacks. 


Oh, the stacks.  When it gets to the point that I cannot tell you that without question the paper I'm looking for is 3/4 of the way down in the second stack to the left, I am in trouble.  It gets difficult to accomplish new tasks, and I get frazzled, hoping I haven't lost things, which undoubtedly are not lost.  So I spent the better part of yesterday tuned into the John Mayer station on Pandora, sorting all of the stacks into piles spread out across my floor.  (If only I'd gotten a picture of that part of the process.)

The finished result?







Ahhh, sweet relief.  The untrained eye may miss the subtle differences, but people - this is some serious progress.  I can't tell you how much better I feel about showing up to work next week knowing that my office is in order and I can tackle the next project on my list.  Bring it on Monday, bring it on.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment