Monday, October 18, 2010

Grocery trip

So this week we are all going to blog about how we put together our menus and grocery lists for the week.

I have several recipe apps on my IPhone that I like to use. So I look through those and see what ingredients I need and write out my list. I try to go grocery shopping once a week, but sometimes have to go a second time for milk and fresh fruit. For lunches I plan on hotdogs or sandwiches so I buy all the necessities for that. And then Reagan and I are the only ones that eat breakfast so I get her pancakes and then cereal for myself. And of course I have to have my coffee (which I can only get at Target) and creamer. I try to mix it up so we don't eat chicken two nights in a row or beef two nights in a row. Once I have my list together I plan on what day I go to the store. I try to go on Tuesdays while Reagan is at preschool, but every other week Shop n Save has $10 off a $50 purchase. Which is awesome, plus for every so much you spend that give you 3 to 6 cents off a gallon of gas up to 20 gallons at their gas station. I used to go to Super Walmart, but it's just too much for me. So I usually get a few items at Target (oh how I wish it was a Super Target) and then I go to one of three grocery stores. I really enjoy planning my meals and then grocery shopping. So how about you? Are you a meal planner or a fly by the seat of your pants kind of cook?

Oh and GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!

Beth



No comments:

Post a Comment