Monday, July 26, 2010

Testimony

Hi my name is Beth Harris and I am a Christian!! This is the most important title I will ever have!! So this week each of us will give our testimony.

I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior in March of 1985 (I was 7 at the time). I had been going to church every time the doors were open since I was first conceived (my mom even delivered me on a Friday and we were at church on Sunday). So I had heard about Jesus hundreds of times. I distinctly remember riding my bike in my neighborhood (it was safe to do this back then and I didn't have to wear a helmet) and having a conversation with God. I told God that I knew who His son was and that I knew that He sent His Son to die on the cross for my sin. I immediately went home and told my mom. And that day I asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. I went forward and prayed with our pastor on Sunday and was baptized the following Sunday, April 7th which was Easter. So Easter is always an extra special time for me! And of course I was only 7 years old so my sins consisted of things like disobeying my parents and being mean to my sister. My relationship with Christ has always been pretty strong, and of course there were times when I strayed from what was God's best for me. But those were times God was allowing me to mess up so I could learn from my mistakes and strive to be more like Him!

I hear people, that started their relationship with Christ at an early age, say that they don't really have a testimony like someone who was radically saved later in life. And my comment to that is that how much more of a testimony do you have that because you were saved at an early age you were kept from years and years of darkness. I am so so so glad that I can say that I have known Christ for 25 years!!

If you do not know Christ I encourage you to seek Him! Ask anyone of us and we can share Christ with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment