Thursday, July 8, 2010

Something new...well sort of

Yesterday I tried something sort of new, that is- I haven't been able to do this in while, so it feels new to me. I got to take a REALLY hot bath for the first time in 9 months...it was fabulous! Since getting pregnant in September, hot baths have been on the no-no list. This has been a tough "prego" rule to follow because hot baths have always been my way to unwind and wash the day away. My doctor finally cleared me to presume normal activity- so this was first on my to-do list for today.
I love getting in the bath to where it stings just a little bit from the heat- yes, mam- and sometimes I go crazy and add bubbles...it really is such a decadent treat for me. So, last night I took my HOT bath and ate my almond butter and jelly sandwich while soaking the day away- it was yummy in several ways...

This brings me to another new thing, that is almond butter!!! Hallelujah, hallelujah...I LOVE this stuff- it takes pb&j's to the next level- like more of a grown up sandwich. You have to try it at least once...I can't seem to get enough of the stuff.

One more new thing is I ran for the first time on Monday with my new Garmin Forerunner 110 watch. (Hopefully the picture will show up below)
805130.jpgThis watch has GPS capabilities that tracks your run, measures your pace and gives you your time. During my run on Monday, I couldn't help but smile every time I would glance at my new handy dandy watch to see my pace...it really motivated me to push harder and try to improve my run overall. I am going to be training for a 10K in September and a 1/2 marathon in December- so this watch will help reach my goals for each race...it's like my accountability partner in running- LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment