Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Have to Pee on my Arm??!

I can't say that I will talk about my favorite vacation today, but I will talk about a very memorable one. To talk about my favorite, probably our honeymoon, I would have to go digging through my external hard drive to find photos. Actually, I don't know whether that would be my absolute favorite or not, but it was definitely the last time I had a kid-free, care-free vacation... and it was great. Another favorite would be our trips to Ouray and Lake City, Colorado. Amazing. We're hoping to get back there next summer, and I am really excited about that.

Now, I'm just going to give you a few highlights (or maybe lowlights) and pictures from our recent trip to the coast. And when I say coast, don't go picturing crystal clear water and white beaches. I'm talking Port Aransas, right on the Gulf of Mexico.

1. You do not go through the Padre Island National Seashore to get from Corpus Christi to Port Aransas. We pulled up to a guard office going into the National Seashore, and he told us how much it cost. I said, "We're heading to Port Aransas.", and with a big grin, he said, "No, you're not." We had to go back 15 miles or so to take our proper turn.

2. Just because seafood is near the gulf does not mean it's fresh from the gulf. I love, love, love seafood, but I have to say I was disappointed in our two seafood dinners while we were there. I even researched some places ahead of time. I'm pretty sure I ate some previously frozen shrimp, just like I've bought at the grocery store. Darn.

3. It is not fun to go to the bathroom in the beach porta-potty with three children. Actually, this event is not fun anywhere we go. But this was an extreme situation (For your benefit, I will not go into greater detail!), and it was definitely not fun.

4. Sand gets everywhere.

5. Only one of us had to pee on what we think was a jellyfish sting.

6. The Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Chrsti is lots of fun!

7. My children love to press elevator buttons. Every time we left the room, they would establish who would press the button on the outside and inside of the elevator, both for the trip down and the trip back up.

8. There's no place like home. As much fun as I had, it was so nice to get home and to sleep in my own bed. However, it was really nice to have someone wash towels and sheets and make breakfast for us. I could get used to that! Here's some of our fun pictures:

Me and the hubs
Look out Baywatch...
The dolphins at the Aquarium were tons of fun, and the shark was pretty awesome! Why are their eyes so crazy looking?? I think the otters were my favorite, though. They were so fun to watch!
At the Aquarium, there were three scuba divers in one tank trying to catch a wounded fish. Aidan is already fascinated by scuba divers, so he was really excited to watch them. I think he thought they were cooler than the shark, etc. One of them came right up to the window and posed for pictures and gave hi fives. The kids loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment