Wednesday, May 12, 2010

More Than I Can Chew?

A dear friend of mine and I have been doing a Bible study of sorts.  Actually, we've been on a hiatus for the past few weeks, but we're getting back at it this week.  We first did a study on Contentment.  I won't even go into detail on which one, because it's not necessarily something I would recommend.  I may have pulled a few helpful nuggets out of it, but I'm excited to be moving on to something new.  As Emily and I discussed which direction we would like to go next, we were both desiring to do a book of the Bible, rather than a topical study.  We talked it out and decided we'd like to study something out of the norm... something we haven't come close to studying before... And what did we decide on, you ask?  REVELATION.  What were we thinking?!?!  I'm being a little silly and a little serious when I say that.  I mean, it's definitely not something we can breeze through.  There will be no room for slacking off, because even as I read the Intro in one of the study books we got, I was going HUH?  On the other hand, I'm quite excited to dive in and study something that seems so mysterious and intriguing.  I'm quite curious to see what God will teach me through this.

One thing my scholarly brother pointed out is, "Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near."  Revelation 1:3  (Thankfully, it says "reads" and not "understands!")


No comments:

Post a Comment