Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hairy Business

Toe hair.  Unibrow hair.  And not to mention all of that other unsightly hair.  Have you ever wondered why God created the unibrow?  Well, I haven't.  Not until just now.  I was thinking about hair (on my head), and then that got me to thinking about other random hair and what God may have been thinking when He decided to do that.  We'll probably never know His purpose for the unibrow.

So what got me started on this whole hair topic was the fact that I've been missing my straightener for a week and a half.  That's a long time for my frizzy mess.  I hosted a wedding shower at our house a week and a half ago, and due to a massive clean-up/stashing spree (please tell me you know what that's like!), I could not remember where I had put it.  And now you're probably thinking, "Why don't you just have it in your bathroom like a normal person?" Well, good point.  But if you saw my bathroom right now, you would understand.  As usual, we have a random construction project going on in our home.  We had a mold issue in our shower, which led to removal of the tile, sheetrock, and even the insulation behind that.  It was bad.  So now our shower is in the going-back-together-VERY-SLOWLY process.  So our bathroom has become a work zone, and I avoid it as much as possible.  So anyway... the straightener had been moved all over the house.  So I've had different hair for a while now.  Chris walked in the other day and just looked at me with this funny grin.  I could tell he was trying to hold back from one of his, "The 80's called, and they want your hair back." comments.  He tried to tell me he was really just smiling at me, but I know him too well!  Anyway, I went to put some washcloths away this morning in the girls' bathroom, and what do you know?!  My straightener!  I guess I have to make time to do my hair again.

P.S.  Where was Mr. Farouk Shami and his flat iron when I was in high school?  I could have really used one back then!

2 comments:

  1. You are funny. :) Also, your teeth are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The CHI changed my life...don't know how I survived without it?? Bless you Mr. Farouk!

    ReplyDelete