Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Farewell, Old Friend

As many of my dear friends know, I have a problem.  It's a love affair that has been going on for years and years.  I can't even remember when we first met.  It's one of those relationships where you know that it's not necessarily the best thing for you, but it's just so hard to give up the one that you love.  Dr. Pepper, I will miss you.

A couple of months ago, I told God that I would stop drinking Dr. Pepper for one entire year (that's 365 days, people) if He would provide a buyer for our old house.  Now looking back, I should have told Him I would do that if we got a certain price for our house, plus a nice and cooperative buyer.... but I wasn't thinking about those things at the time.  God provided a buyer, and we finally closed last Friday...10 months after listing it.  What a relief!  But what a sad, sad loss.  If you read this post, you know I love my DP.  But you know what?  I needed something to help me stop.  Nothing before has been able to do it.  Sure, I've gone off the stuff for a week here or a month there, but this is serious.  I promised God that I would do it, and now there's no going back.  I will miss the DP, but I'm looking forward to a healthier me!

So who wants to meet me for Happy Hour at Sonic on February 27, 2011?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment