Monday, March 15, 2010

Opening Day

Spring is just around the
corner (actually the first day of spring is March 20th). This has been a very long winter and my first Midwest winter. So I am anxiously anticipating warmer weather! So with the start of spring comes baseball. And baseball brings me to my husband. John and I met at Dallas Baptist University where we were both students. I had Spanish class with John's roomate Brett. So we became friends and always hung out at their house. One thing led to another and John and I became good friends and hung out a lot. On April 1, 1999 we were sitting in their living room watching a movie and John kissed me! Of course I kissed him back. He then asked me if it was an April Fools joke. Of course I said no! The following Monday, April 5th was our first official date to Opening Day of Texas Ranger Baseball. We have tried every year to go to Opening Day. And last year we took our little girl for the first time and then packed up and moved to Illinois right after the game. So we are still Ranger fans, but we are now also Cardinal fans. We probably won't be going to Opening Day, but will definitely celebrate 11 years of being together!




No comments:

Post a Comment