Sunday, March 14, 2010

It All Started With Billboards

So I thought I would steal the idea from Erica and Amelia and write about how Scott and I met.

It all started back in the Fall of 1994, and I was starting my junior year of high school. I was in band...color guard to be exact (you know, the girls with the flags)...I also played the flute but only because you had to play an instrument in order to even be in color guard. I loved playing the flute in junior high but once I was introduced to flags I didn't want to do anything else. I had so much fun in flags and I was actually pretty good...good enough to make the Texas Tech Flag Corp when I graduated high school. Anyways, I digress...so I was in band...and so was Scott. He "played" the clarinet...and I use the term "played" very, very loosely. Oh, if only you could hear the tape he had to make one time...PRICELESS! The boy was only in band for the social aspect of it and because most of his friends were in band. So, one Friday night on the way home from a football game Scott and I were riding on the same bus, and he just so happened to sit right behind me. You want to know how he started the conversation? He asked me about a billboard on the side of the highway we were getting ready to pass...and then the next one and the next...and that's how our friendship started. I say friendship because for the next two years I dated three of his friends...he and I were 'just friends.' We hung out a lot and always had a good time but I just wasn't feeling it. It's okay though because he had his fair share of girlfriends during that time as well. :) Scott and I remained the best of friends for the next 10+ years and it wasn't until 2006 that we officially started dating. He had worn me down. (Just kidding) Somehow Scott always knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and he was just waiting for me to get to that same point. On March 10, 2007, Scott proposed and I said yes, and then on February 16, 2008, we were married. Now we're anticipating the arrival of our first child any day now. It's amazing how God works through all the details of our lives and it is in His perfect timing that everything happens. Scott is my best friend. Our marriage isn't perfect but we make it work and we have fun. I love him so much and am excited to embark on the next phase of our life together...parenthood. Thanks for allowing me to share my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment