Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Jesus & Asti Spumante

My children are so excited!! Every morning, we've been counting how many days left until Christmas. I love seeing their excitement. Erica's post made me think. I can't even list many of the Christmas gifts I received growing up. I do remember quite vividly the red bike I received one Christmas morning. I was wearing a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and a corduroy skirt (must have been a warm Texas Christmas). That's how vividly I remember. And I remember sneaking with my cousins into the back room at Mamaw and Papaw's house to discover our pink vanities behind the bed! Back to my point... I think my best memories of Christmas were spending time with grandparents, cousins, etc. It was always fun to be together. I love watching my children with their cousins and wondering which memories will stick. For our immediate family, my mom used to prepare a really nice dinner on Christmas Eve. We would eat as a family, and then we each got to open one gift. Oh, and at dinner, my parents would sometimes let us try a few sips of sparkling wine. One day, my brother Jason's classmates were discussing their favorite things. Jason announced to his class at our private Christian school that his favorite wine was Asti Spumante!

I pray that you enjoy a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birth of our Savior and making precious memories with loved ones. If you don't have a personal relationship with Him, you can. It's never too late. And if you have questions, just ask.

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." Romans 12:16a

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment