Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Good news, Bad news

The good news: I turned 31 on Sunday and I had a GREAT birthday weekend! I got so many calls and texts and Facebook messages, some cards, some Mad Libs (thanks, M!!), and even some money! Woo hoo! And Adam grilled me a fantabulous filet from Whole Foods, and Asher sat in his high chair and entertained himself all through dinner so Adam and I could eat! Score! Birthdays are fun. I don't even mind getting older, especially when I have so many lovely and wonderful people to grow older with! :)

The bad news: this has been a pretty terrible week at work so far. Today was especially bad, and I'm sitting here now, 4 hours after leaving work, still dealing with the lovely tension headache my job caused today. Have I mentioned before that I am very thankful for my job? Because I am. Even on days like today. And it's a good thing I'm thankful for it, because otherwise I might just be miserable (at times, anyway). I googled "tension headache" and, ironically, this is what Google Health had to say: "Hot or cold showers or baths may relieve a headache for some people. You may need to make lifestyle changes if you have chronic tension headaches. This may include getting plenty of sleep and exercise, stretching the neck and back muscles frequently, and possibly changing your job or recreational habits" (emphasis added). Doesn't this make it sound easy? Like I could just snap my fingers and have a new, less tension-inducing job? If only...

All right, that's definitely enough complaining. It's not like complaining is making my head feel any better :) More good news - tomorrow is a new day! So here's to a happy Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment