Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How Embarrassing!

What's your most embarrassing moment?? I have several I can think of, but I think an incident in college takes the cake. I went to Texas Tech, and when I had classes back to back across campus from one another, I had to take a bus. We'll, I cheerily hopped on the bus one day and was excited to see one of my friends... or who I thought was that friend. I'm sure I was all smiles as I walked back to where she was sitting and promptly sat on her lap! Michelle - the girl I thought it was - was someone who would have thought this was humorous. Apparently, this non-Michelle girl did not. She just stared into my eyes (and being on her lap, this was quite close, and then I realized.... I said, "You're not Michelle." very matter-of-factly and quickly stood up and moved. If only I could have gotten off the bus at that very moment. And then, of course I end up having a class with that girl the following semester. I wonder if she always thought of that when she saw me. And if so, what did she think? Was I crazy? Who knows, maybe she's still telling this story. So what's your most embarrassing moment? Spill it!

1 comment:

  1. Well, of course, I would never tell you my MOST embarrassing moment. But, I'll give you AN embarrassing one.

    I walked into a JCPenney story in Pascagoula, MS, intent on buying some underwear. The sales lady asked if she could help me. I said, "I'd like to look at your underwear." I honestly could not figure out why she spun on her heel and walked straight away from me!

    I made sure she saw me buy a package of mens shorts. That was 34 years ago; I've never been back in that store.

    ReplyDelete