Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to work

So right now I'm sitting on the couch watching sweet little Asher take a nap in his swing, trying not to cry as I contemplate the fact that today is my last day of maternity leave and I start back at work tomorrow. BLAH! I always assumed that I would stay home when Adam and I started a family; it is something we discussed frequently because we both grew up with stay-at-home moms. Due to a combination of circumstances, however, it turns out that Adam is the one who will be staying home with Ash, at least for a while. Frankly, I think it will be good for both of them and I'm excited about it from a practical standpoint. From an emotional standpoint, though, I'm pretty sad. I've never been away from my baby for more than a few hours - I'm really going to miss him! I think it's going to be hard to focus on (or care about) my job for a while, but I guess I'll just do the best I can. Surely it will get somewhat easier with time (?), and maybe before long Adam and I can switch places. Until then I will just praise God that we can afford for one of us to stay home, and I'll ask for prayers that I can continue to focus on that through this time of transition!

3 comments:

  1. Prayers are coming your way, friend. Well, I guess they're actually going God's way, but you know....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, friend! This blogspot thing y'all have going is great! When Levi was born, Jed and I did this exact same thing, and it was heart-wrenching. Only (BIG) difference is that I worked from home. Talk about distraction and not caring about your job. It is indeed so awesome that y'all can afford to have one of you stay home. It makes all the difference in the world to know that if YOU can't be with him, he's with his daddy. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete