Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thirty Flirty and Thriving...

It seems like most of my friends these days have turned 30 or are about to...and the reactions to this turning point in their lives has been somewhat mixed...some have been excited, glad, sad, indifferent, in denial, etc...
So, I was thinking about how my year being 30 has been for me. I have LOVED being 30 and have felt such a great confidence in knowing who I am and who I am not. It is a beautiful thing to have lived a little life and see the bits of wisdom worth hanging on to from those experiences.
Friendship has been sweeter. I have found in my friendships -that God has been so amazing to bless me with- that there is more security in the friendships and not a sense of competition or chaos. I have have enjoyed the differences and strengths of my friends and have been enriched because of them. It has been a beautiful thing!
Also, walking with the Lord has been even more precious- because I have been able to see God show me over and over again how trustworthy HE is and when trial comes...fear is not my first reaction, but yet trust and KNOWING God is working out the details is what comes to mind. I would be far fetched to even be implying that I have "arrived" and have got it all together...far from it, but I think it is just knowing who I can rely (God) and how to take direction and wisdom from Him in my decisions. I'm not sure what the future holds, but I KNOW it is nothing outside the range of God's grace and power...
I read this scripture, the other day and I think it sums up what I am trying to say perfectly..."But we have this treasure(God's power) in jars of clay(Us) to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." II Cor 4:7
Hope your 30's are flirty and thriving!!

Love- Stace

No comments:

Post a Comment