Thursday, August 27, 2009

staying home

So, this week has been kind of different for me because all of my teacher friends started back to work this week and for the first time in 6 years of working in education I am staying home. My hubby and I have have always known I would stay home when we had kids, so this is a very intentional decision and really, I have been so grateful for the opportunity to stay home with my baby- I love it!
It is funny, though- there are so many misconceptions about being a "stay at home" mommy...like one being, that you get so much time to relax and rest because you are home...yeah, right! That couldn't be farther from the truth- in fact, I feel like I work harder in this job than I did as a Kindergarten teacher. I feel like I am constantly on the go with taking care of Allie and trying to help her with her development, also, working in my house and running errands keeps me busy, too.
I am realizing it is a thankless job that doesn't get sick days, promotions or pay raises- however, it does have its intrinsic values that come at the most random times...so for those priceless moments I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment