Thursday, August 6, 2009

Allie



Let me introduce you to my 10 month old, Allegra "Allie" Nicole Hollar.
Wow, I had no idea how much one little person could change your life in sooooo many ways...for the better, that is!
First thing to mention about Allie- is the meaning of her name. Allegra actually means "filled with joy"- which was chosen for her because at the time we found out we were having a baby our family was going through MANY hardships. A week after telling my parent's we were pregnant- their house burned down and the just a few weeks after finding out that our baby was a girl- we found out my sister had lymphatic cancer and just a month after Allie was born my dad had a stroke. Amidst these sorrows my family was facing, Allegra lived up to her name by bringing such joy to our family-she was a distracting force from the sadness we were all dealing with...and her nickname "Allie" came from her great, great grandma Allie Hollar. So she has a little heritage in her name too!
Allie's personality lives up to the meaning of her name- she is such a happy girl! Randy and I are blown away at how fun and sweet Allie is...we enjoy her so much! Lately she has started pointing at things or she just point in the air almost like she has an idea...it always makes me laugh...what a character.
This week she has started to say more words like "ball" and doggie-which sounds like doh, doh and she points at our dog, Coleman...funny! It's hard to believe that in 6 weeks we will have a one year old on our hands...where have the months gone? Parenting, although tiring at times, has been such a gift that has grown me more than I ever thought possible! We have been blessed with lil Al's (as my husband calls her).


1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures! She is such a little pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete