Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm in Texas!

24 days til Christmas!!!

I am in the great state of Texas! John, Reagan, both dogs and I drove down last Tuesday morning. We hit the road at 4am (so very early). It took us almost 12 hours to get here. It took 4 hours for our youngest dog, Lily, to calm down. Ginger, our oldest dog is scared in the car so she slept the entire time! And Reagan did great! All in all not a bad drive.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had breakfast at my sister's house and then headed over to John's parents house for lunch. Let his parents watch Reagan while John and I went to see Old Dogs. Hilarious movie and very clean.

And then there was BLACK FRIDAY! My mom, sister and I have a tradition every year that we hit the stores at 4am. Yes we are some of those crazy people! This year we even wore shirts that matched. Ellen and I found shirts at Target that said "Nice" on them, but couldn't find one for mom so we made her one that said "Naughty". We got lots of compliments on them throughout the day. We started at Kohl's at 4am. Got some great deals. Drove through Starbucks (a must on Black Friday), then off to Target, grabbed breakfast at Chick Fil A. Next we went to Children's Place (love this store) and then headed to the mall. I finished all my Christmas shopping and Reagan's birthday shopping. Had to get Reagan's birthday cake (of course from Texas Star Bakery) . Got back to my sister's house and got ready for Reagan's Texas Birthday party. We had a blast and Reagan got lots of cute clothes and fun toys. I am attaching the picture of Reagan eating her "smash" cake. She was so cute and definitely loves cake! Thank you to all my friends and family who came!









This weekend we are celebrating John's Pa's 100th birthday! Which is totally amazing! And he is in very good health for the most part. So we will be having a major celebration! We are definitely looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment