Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Learned It From Watching You

I come from a big family...well, at least I think it's big. There are my parents, Gary and Cathy, and then I have a brother, J, and two sisters, Kiersten and Caitlin. So before any of us got married we were a family of six. Fun times at our house for sure. My parents marriage story is quite interesting...they've been married to each other twice. They married back in the day, had me, and got divorced when I was maybe 2 or 3 (I don't remember my age). They were apart for several years and by the grace of God they reunited and remarried when I was 5. And then boom, here comes J...followed two years later by Kiersten...and two years later came Caitlin (she and I are 10 years apart). My parents didn't waste any time obviously! LOL! I was my parents very own built-in babysitter for many years. Growing up we were not what you would call 'rich.' My parents worked extremely hard to provide for me and my siblings, but when you're younger you sometimes don't understand why you can't have what others have...and of course kids can be so cruel and make fun of you for not being 'rich.' It may have been difficult growing up not always having 'everything,' but I think that I gained so much by watching my parents provide for our family. What I learned from them I have been able to use in my own life. I paid my way through college by working over the summers and while I was in school, and my parents were able to help me here and there with books and other expenses. My car is paid for and I bought my first house by myself about three years ago. I have definitely worked hard to get where I am today, and I am thankful for all that my parents have taught me over the years. I hope that I will be able to pass onto my children a strong work ethic and to not take anything for granted. Thank you momma and daddy!!

Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment