Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Say CHEESE!

I've been snapping photos since I was posing my Cabbage Patch Kids for pictures with my 110 film camera way back in the day. I wish I could find that picture right now, because I wanted to add it to the post. I have always loved capturing moments, and photography is fun to me. I can't say that I have a passion for the technical aspects. I really wish that I did. My partially fried mommy brain really puts a damper on my knowledge retention, but I'm slowly learning more of the technical side... very slowly... and I am a work in progress. But what I do have a passion for is making someone smile when they see a photo I've taken. Whether it's their child, their pet, something funny, a memorable moment... I could go on. I love and prefer candid shots, but I have also come to appreciate the challenge of getting a good, posed family shot. Most of my friends that I have photographed have young children, so a good family shot is definitely a challenge. My love for photography grew a giant leap when I got my first digital camera. Holy cow - the freedom of taking as many pictures as you want and being able to delete them before they're printed!! And then my love grew another giant leap when I had my first child. And I have thousands upon thousands of photos to prove it. I've been working on backing up photos (twice, because I'm that paranoid), and let me just say that is yet another aspect of this that is not my passion. If only someone else could deal with all of that for me.... but if I were going to hire someone for something, I think I'd choose a maid first. :) If you're interested in photography, the best advice I can give you is to take in small tidbits of instruction/information at a time and practice, practice, practice immediately after doing so. You'll have so much fun!

4 comments:

  1. We are all glad that this is your hobby/interest, A - it's a huge benefit to us when we see the awesome pics you've taken of our get-togethers, families, etc.!! You didn't mention it in your post, so I'm going to remind everyone to visit your photography blog @ ameliadphotography.blogspot.com to see some stellar examples of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I used to pose my Cabbage Patch dolls and take their pictures too! I would get out my little wicker chairs, put on a pretty dress, and then have someone take pictures of me and my dolls.

    You are so talented ma'am...what a blessing you are to so many people in capturing special moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful moments you capture! You do beautiful work. And honestly, I would have approximately zero pictures from the last two years if it weren't for you :) So thanks for memorexing my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, friends!! Cass - that's hilarious that you would pose your CP dolls, too. So funny.

    ReplyDelete