Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Laughable

I can tell you right now it's been toooooo long since I had a really, really good laugh. I mean, of course Asher does cute little funny things every day that make me laugh, and I can always find something to chuckle about on America's Funniest Videos, but it's definitely been a while since I had one of those I-can't-breathe-tears-running-down-my-face-abs-hurt-the-next-day laughing fits. This is kinda random, but something that always comes to mind when I think about laughing really hard is Jerry Seinfeld's book SeinLanguage. I'm not the world's biggest Jerry Seinfeld fan by any means, but I can remember sitting in the break room at work during lunch reading this book and laughing so hard I thought I was going to choke and have to perform the Heimlich maneuver on myself. Literally other people in the office would come in to make sure everything was OK because I was laughing so hard (and trying not to laugh so hard which, of course, only makes it worse). Another sure giggle-fest-starter? The Would You Rather...? books. SO INCREDIBLY HILARIOUS to me for some reason. Excerpts from one of the books:

Would you rather...
walk like a runway fashion model all the time
OR
automatically revert to jazz hands whenever your hands are not in use?

Would you rather...
have an indelible grape Kool-Aid mustache
OR
have permanent Doritos residue on your fingertips?

Would you rather...
have a digitally blurred face like criminals on TV
OR
have your range of bodily movement reduced to that of a G.I. Joe action figure?

Would you rather...
Have glow-in-the-dark veins
OR
be able to watch only one television show for the rest of your life: Charles in Charge starring Scott Baio?

Anyway, those really get me going. I should go look for that copy of SeinLanguage and see if I can get some good belly laughs going. And I hope all of you have a good side-splitting laugh attack soon! It does a body good!!

1 comment: