Sunday, June 28, 2009

Super Heroes and Action Figures

Okay, so Friday night I saw Transformers 2...AWESOME! If you liked the first one, then you'll like the second one. I honestly don't know what it is, but I just love the Transformers movies. Maybe it has a little to do with the fact that I grew up when Transformers were so cool. I think it is the action-packed movie that makes me so happy. Optimus Prime is A-W-E-S-O-M-E and Bumble Bee just makes me smile every time he finds a song to say exactly what he is thinking. And, I am happy to say that Josh Duhamel is back and looking better than ever...got to love a man in uniform! There was plenty of eye candy and action to make this girl happy.

So, before the movie they always show some previews. Well, can I tell you I am secretly excited to see GI Joe when it comes out? I'm not sure why, but I can't wait. It may have to do with the fact that I have a brother less than five years younger than me and I remember him playing with GI Joe's. When you share a room with your little brother for quite some time, you end up playing with the same things occasionally, and I believe at some point one of his GI Joe's married one of my Barbies...it was inevitable really. (J, sorry if I sold you out for playing with Barbies back in the day.) So, I'm looking forward to the movie...and honestly, when you throw Channing Tatum in the mix, who wouldn't want to watch it either! Hello, take your shirt off!! (shout out to Jenn)

Anyways, while I do love all the masculine super heroes and action figures we have, I will always have a special place in my heart for the one woman who could keep up with the men and look dang good while kicking butt...WONDER WOMAN!! I have loved her since I was a little girl. I would watch the TV show (to which I own the DVD set now) and even dress up for Halloween as Wonder Woman (shout out to my mom for making my costume).

(I am all sass!)

So really, it was only fitting that last year for Halloween I dressed up as Wonder Woman again. While my mom's creativity all those years ago was awesome, I really had to do Wonder Woman proud with this kickin costume:


(and yes, that's my Ghostbuster husband!)

Oh, how I would love to one day just twirl around several times and BAM...I'm Wonder Woman. With her lasso of truth (that would certainly come in handy) and her gold bracelets that deflected bullets, she was seriously every girl's dream...or at least my dream. And you know, Wonder Woman had some serious curves! Not some super-skinny chick fighting crime...no, she's was ALL woman. Makes me proud!

In reality, I am my own Wonder Woman in so may ways...be it working a full-time job, maintaining a clean home, making sure the laundry is done, and getting dinner ready every night, but it's also keeping up with family and friends and the various activities/ministries I participate in. I am so blessed with the life that I have been given, and I hope that I do it all with grace.

So, as we like to say in the Jones family (and G.I. Joe talk), now you know, "and knowing is half the battle."

XOXO,
Cassandra O

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, love the Wonder Woman outfits! You're way funny. I love reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, C! I used to play G.I. Joe's with my brother, too. You are definitely your own Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete