Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's me - E!

I think I should start out by saying, by way of fair warning, that a large number of my posts (at least for a while) are going to be about the bun I currently have in my oven. I promise to TRY not to blather on and on about this or that adorable thing he does, and I will especially attempt to steer clear of vivid descriptions of the contents of his diapers and stuff like that, no matter how interesting I might think it is. I'm not saying I won't ever have anything else to talk about (how sad would that be?), but let's face it - this kid is about to be my number one fixation for a while, and there's no much I or anybody else can do about it!

So, now that I've got that out of the way, on to the intro...

My name is Erica. I am 30 years old, and the youngest in the group (only by about a month and a half, but still!). In July, I will have been married to my husband Adam for 7 years, and, as I mentioned, we are expecting our first child pretty much any day now! I work as a paralegal at a law firm that specializes in toxic tort defense (thrilling, no?). If I could figure out what I want to be when I grow up, career-wise, I would start looking for it, but the truth is that my job is OK enough that I don't think about my "calling" that often. (FYI - a discussion of work will probably be an upcoming topic; stay tuned). I am also blessed to be very VERY fulfilled in the other (much more important) aspects of my life - awesome husband, loving family, fantastic friends, etc. God is good!

I tend to have a very hard time narrowing down my "favorite" things - those e-mail quizzes that go around really stump me. But here's a list of ten faves that probably won't change any time soon (in no particular order):

1. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
2. Cereal
3. the movie Ghostbusters
4. Root Beer
5. My cats (Angus, Phoebe, and Sadie)
6. the TV show COPS
7. Jane Eyre
8. Researching random things on the internet (aka Google)
9. Reminiscing
10. Routines

Ok, so it's weird that the last 3 ended with "R", but whatever. To round it out, maybe I should do a list of things that I DON'T like...I'll keep it to 5 since this is getting long:

1. Cursing
2. Bad drivers
3. Losing things
4. Soggy bread
5. People who talk in the theatre during movies

I think that pretty much covers the basics. Somehow I thought this self-intro thing would be easier to do, but it's taken me like an hour! Did I mention that I'm Type A? :)
See you on Mondays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment