Thursday, February 18, 2010

Underwhelmed...


My hubby and I went to the NBA All-star game for Valentine's this year. It was a fun night to do something different, and have a grown up night out (Allie spent the night at Randy's parents). As I was sitting there watching Usher, Alicia Keys, Shakira and, of course, the players all perform during the event I found myself underwhelmed...
I thought that the shows were great, and the playing was fine...but I just started thinking- what makes these people so great? At the end of the day, singer's sing and basketball players can put a ball in a basket.
I can't say that I have ever really been a "star struck" kind of person about anyone, really- I guess it is because I always think about how our humanness connects us...let me translate...all of our poop still stinks-doesn't matter who you are! (even the president)...we just all have different things we are made to do...During the show, I was reminded of how perception is what many famous people rely on from day to day, but really who are they? How do they feel at the end of the day when they are laying there in bed about to fall asleep? And of course, this isn't exclusive to famous people- it's to all people...at the end of the day what is it all about? Everything will lose its luster at some point, right? I am not sure where I am even heading with this blog, this may just be a "journey w/o a destination" entry...
Of course, I find hope in knowing that Christ is what it comes down to- not everyone knows or believes that, but once you come to know HIM and find purpose in HIM- you can't deny the power of that in your life.

Maybe I'll have something a little lighter to discuss by next week...Stace


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete