Thursday, February 11, 2010

Even in the details...

...God cares!
I was reminded just this week about how God cares about even small details of our lives. My growing little girl, Allie, once was again in need of some more pajamas because she has officially outgrown all but 2 pairs of her pj's...so, I was going to need to find her some more. So I needed to find 4-5 sets of pj's ideally, since I do wash just once a week for her that would cover her for a week- oh yeah, and we only had $30 in our budget this month for extra clothes for Allie...so it had to be in that price range.

So, I had planned on going to a resale store to look, but decided to stop at Target to see if I could find anything...I did find a set of 2 pj's for $14.99- and put that in my basket. I thought that was a pretty decent price and maybe I could get a few more things at the resale store...then I turned the corner to another rack of random clothes with a big 30% off sign at the top of the rack...so I started digging through the rack and came across a set of 2 pj's (the same type of set of pj's I had already put in my basket)...I thought, 30% off is better than what I had picked up so I took the $14.99 set out and put the other set in my basket- and I checked the price tag to make sure it was, in fact, discounted...only to see that the pj's were for $3.47. Wow, I took a double take to make sure, but that was the right price- so I looked back on the rack and found the only other pair of 18month pj's left(with a different design) for the same price...so there they were 4 pairs of pj's for my sweet girl- and for just $7.00...my little budget for her could handle that! So, I continued to shop a little- and came across some lined different colored khaki pants on sale for boys for just $3.00...so I was able to get our baby boy on the way, Chase, 4 pairs of pants(2-6month and 2- 9month) for just $12.00 bucks. As soon, as I found all of these things I couldn't help but start singing out loud to the Lord kin the middle of Target- Oh praise him, He is holy(a worship song)...it was such a great reminder of how much God loves me and knows what we need and wants to provide for those needs.

This one-income thing has been challenging at times, but I feel like the past 9 months since I resigned as a teacher to be "a stay at home wife/mom" has taught me so much about how creatively God provides for us. Which, in reality, He has been providing the whole time(even when we had 2 incomes), but sometime having access to extra expendible income can make you lose sight of that supernatural provision...I have come to realize that whatever the Lord places before us(or in our bank account) I am to be a good steward of it...I am thankful for the lessons learned this past year and find myself waiting expectantly for God's next provision for us...makes life fun!

PS- this is just the iceberg of stories of how God has provided a specific need/want for us...too many to blog about today...maybe in the future!

"Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life, more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:25-27

Blessings, Staci


No comments:

Post a Comment