Sunday, January 3, 2010

What's on Your List?

You know, I'm not really one for making New Year's resolutions. I mean, I've attempted to make some resolutions in the past but nothing ever really came of them after a month or so into the new year. I've made the usual resolutions like everyone else as far as "this year I'm going to start working out," or "this year I'm going on a diet and will eat better." If you've made those resolutions in the past and succeeded then a round of applause to you, but really, who are we kidding? Most people usually only make it through the first month, maybe the second, and then they've fallen off the wagon. It's just so much easier to be lazy and eat junk food, right? But in the spirit of the new year and just for fun, here's a few things I'd like to accomplish this coming year:

-Working out: I'd like to get back on the wagon with working out. I used to go 2-3 times a week before I got pregnant and then I stopped going because my entire first trimester I was so sick that working out just wasn't going to happen. And as you may know from experience, once you stop doing something for an extended period of time it gets harder and harder to get back on it. So my goal is to start working out again. I'll have to stick to my pregnancy workout videos for now and then hopefully add more after the baby gets here (b/c I'll have so much free time, right?).

-Here's another good one - eating better: Last year I went on Weight Watchers to lose some weight (which I've gained back now) and I got pretty good at determining what foods I could eat and not overdo it in the process. I think once I got over being sick during my first trimester it was like a free for all in the food department...I didn't so much go crazy eating everything I could, but I did lose sight of all that I had worked for. I know that you're supposed to eat more calories when you're pregnant but not a whole lot more, so I just need to be mindful from here on out on what I'm putting in my mouth. And more than likely I'll get back on the WW wagon after I have this baby because if I could lose the weight once, I can do it again.

-I want to work on my quiet times with God...reading the Bible, praying, etc. This is something I struggle with but also something that is very important to me. I know that I just need to get in the habit of doing it everyday and eventually it will just be a part of my daily routine.

-Being more intentional with my family and friends...not taking them for granted, telling them how much I love and appreciate them, making time for them, etc. Also taking the time to be more intentional to those I don't know very well...develop new friendships.

-Read more books

-Try new recipes (I know Scott will appreciate this one)

And here's a few I've mentioned before:

-Stop snoozing so long and get my booty out of bed so that I can get completely ready for work (no more doing my makeup in the car) and leave my house so that I have plenty of time to get to work.

-Pray more for my husband.

So here's to 2010...may your year be filled with many blessings! For those brave souls who made resolutions...I'd love to hear what you came up with...and, best of luck to you!

Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment