Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Bachelor

I can't believe I am even admitting this to all of you, but yes, I watch The Bachelor. I'm not such a loyal fan that I've watched from the beginning and still have Trista and Ryan's wedding on my DVR, but I like it. And ever since I started watching it, I just can't bring myself to stop. What sort of craziness might I miss??! So let's talk about this season. Or actually, we'll have to start with last season. I liked Jake. Even though the whole crying and telling Jillian about the loser dude's girlfriend was a bit over the top (such a surprise for that show!), I still liked Jake. He seems like a good guy, but I do realize that's not saying much in comparison to some of the others that were on the show. Mainly, I think I'm referring to the guy who ripped off his shirt and howled like a wolf. Anyway... So when they made the announcement that Jake was going to be the next Bachelor, I was about 74% excited and 26% worried I would throw up in my mouth a little if I had to hear him call someone "doll-face" again! He could be a bit corny, but overall, I think he was a good choice. And so far, I haven't been too grossed out by his choice of affectionate wording. I think he has a fairly decent selection of gals, and hopefully he'll find whatever it is he's looking for. Or at least make ABC lots more money and send a few more girls into depressions. So this week, we all learned (SPOILER ALERT if you haven't watched it yet) that Rozlyn had an inappropriate relationship with one of the Bachelor staffers. The music started, or did it completely stop for even more of a dramatic moment, I can't remember. Chris Harrison confronts her in as much of an awkward and over the top way as possible. He talks about how that's not fair for Jake or the other girls and how she should go home, considering what kind of show it is. UM, did anyone else find it completely ironic that he's totally calling her out and judging her for this "inappropriate relationship" when they are setting up the star of their show to have "inappropriate relationships" with way more than two people at a time??! Now, don't get me wrong. I'm glad they sent her home. I don't think it's a good thing if you're doing whatever an "inappropriate relationship" entails while you're seeing someone else. BUT, it's just a bit hilarious that they who are setting someone up to do exactly that, are standing there judging her and sending her home for it. I do realize it's all about the drama, and they just want the ratings. Oh, and they said they fired the staffer. Do you think he really got fired, or do you think he got a big, fat raise? Even with all the ridiculousness, I just keep watching. Are you a with me? If so, write us a comment and admit it. It feels good. :)


5 comments:

  1. Ok I do I am a suker for reality tv well not all reality stuff but this show I get into. I was so glad she went home as well. I am glad I am not alone. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this show. If you're a fan, you've gotta read this recap blog: www.ihategreenbeans.com. It makes the show even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told myself I wasn't watching this year, but it's just kind of sucking me in as always. And I have to agree with Bethe, I love www.ihategreenbeans.com! I look forward to Lincee's recaps almost more than the actual Bachelor episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never watched before this season. I was at a friends house and she had taped the premier and we laughed our way through it. Then I found myself stuck, like a deer in the headlights! I couldn't look away! I wondered what would happen! And I still can't believe these girls throwing themselves at this guy who truly believes this show is the way to find true love!!
    But yes, I just keep watching....my husband thinks I'm crazy!

    ReplyDelete