Thursday, March 4, 2010

I heart 80's movies

It's so fun to flip through the channels on the television and find a little nugget of entertainment, that is, an 80's movie. I get so excited and find myself getting lost in the nostalga of the movie, it just takes me back. I also love 80's movies because there is a certain simplicity that comes from them. I feel like I can invest emotionally in the movie, knowing that there will be a peak in the movie, as well as, a great "feel good" ending.

So, you may be wondering which movies may I be referring to- we'll to list a few...Teen Wolf, Back to the Future(all 3), Big, Breakfast Club, Karate Kid(my favorite) 1 and 2, Say anything, Pretty in Pink, Weird Science, 16 Candles, Baby Boom, Girls just wanna have fun, Mannequin, I could go on and on...I guess I stay pretty close to the romantic/comedy genres in the 80's movies. My husband always makes fun of me about this, but I just love getting lost in them and feel almost like it is biting in to a piece of decadent chocolate- just kind of yummy and satisfying.
I do remember growing up,, my mom always watching movies from the 50's and 60's and I thought that was so strange- the movies seemed so outdated and even looked grainy on the screen, but now I get it- there is just something about certain experiences that just takes you back...

No comments:

Post a Comment